Grilled Pizza and a Garden Salad

on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Making pizza on the grill has become a summertime favorite for us. The dough cooks up in a matter of minutes, and it always creates a nice crisp crust. Whether you have a good source for buying fresh pizza dough or you make your own, if you haven't tried this yet put it high on your list!

I like to roll my dough out a little, but when you put it on the grill it changes it's shape, but that's the beauty of it! Make sure your grill is nice and hot. Brush the top with olive oil and put that side down on your hot grill. Brush the raw side with olive oil and then flip the dough when you see grill marks underneath.

Have all your ingredients ready because now you will be adding them to the first cooked side, it grills up very fast so have things precooked, mostly light and fresh ingredients work best. I have tried so many combinations, as you know when making pizza the possibilities are endless!


For this pizza I tried something different. Pancetta with caramelized red onions, creamy bocconcini, fresh tomatoes and roasted artichoke hearts, a great combination that I would do again. Here's a couple of my other favorites.

This is great for a leisurely weekend dinner while you're sitting outside enjoying the weather, pour yourself some wine, make a salad, and you have a great meal!
Speaking of salad! This all came from my garden, doesn't it look so nice and fresh? I can't wait to dress it up with my best olive oil and favorite vinegar.
Buon Appetito!