CHICKEN MARSALA

on Thursday, October 4, 2007



What a Classic!!!... But yet it is so simple and easy to prepare! I often make this mid week when I want to whip something up fast, and yet it's ELEGANT enough for a great dinner party! The Star of the whole dish is of course, the Marsala wine, what a wonderful aroma and flavor it gives to the sauce, it just elevates mere chicken to a new level!! I pretty much just brown the chicken, I don't even dust it with flour. After that, I remove the chicken, saute the mushrooms & onions and some smashed garlic, deglaze with a little chicken broth, and of course the key ingredient!! the Marsala wine (don't be skimpy!) and to smooth out the sauce, I put a few dollop's of mascapone. Put the chicken back in ,with a lid on the pan and simmer till done sprinkle with fresh parsley.
As a side dish, I made some easy fingerling potato's tossed in lemon infused olive oil, fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
So, if you don't have a bottle of Marsala laying around go and get one! With just a little effort you can turn out a great meal!!

Buon Appetito!!