Oh Baby!!

on Sunday, August 2, 2009

I wanted to share with you some of the food I had the privilege of making this past weekend for a baby shower we had that was held in honor of my son and daughter-in-law. Their request was to have it very casual, in their home, with finger foods and appetizers. I had so much fun doing it and I can't wait for the arrival of my new Granddaughter!

The menu was:

Caprese Skewers
White Bean Dip w/ Rosemary and Olive Oil Pita Chips
Artichoke Crostini
Grilled Eggplant Rolled w/ Roasted Red Pepper and Creamy Feta and Herb Cheese
Proscuitto Wrapped... Rosemary and Lemon... and Pesto Marinated Chicken Skewers, served with a Romesco Sauce and a 3 Citrus Aioli for Dipping
Mini Italian Meatballs
Grilled Shrimp and Orzo Pasta Salad Greek Style w/ Fresh Lemon and Olive oil Dressing
Bow Tie Pasta Salad w/ Spinach, Sundried Tomatoes, Pinenuts, Feta and Olives

The only thing I did not make was the fruit salad, those adorable cookies that you see, (which by the way were homemade) and of course the cake, which happened to be a huge cannoli cake that we ordered from a great Italian bakery!

Four weeks more to go and we'll be able to meet our new little family member, I'll be sure to announce her arrival!


Have a great week, and Buon Appetito!